The Importance of Finding Your Leverage Points With Vision Casting
Transform your goals into reality by identifying your leverage points and vision casting. Keep reading to find out more. In this article:
- A Recap on What Vision Casting Is
- What Is Vision Casting?
- Small Hinges, Big Doors
- What Are Your Leverage Points?
- Working on Your Leverage Points with Vision Casting
- The Power of Multiple Levers
- Using Your Leverage Points and Vision Casting to Build Your Bookkeeping Business
How Vision Casting Can Power Up Your Leverage Points and Make Your Dreams Come True
A Recap on What Vision Casting IsToday, we’re going to delve deeper into how to achieve your goals by utilizing your leverage points and vision casting. Before that, though, recently, I wrote about the importance of creating a vision for your future life. In that article and video, I shared Dean Graziosi’s fantastic “vision casting” method, which is a powerful method to help you make 2019, or even 2020, your best year yet. If you haven’t checked it out, I suggest you do that now, as this article is going to talk about the next step to take once you have your vision laid out: Gaining leverage in your life. Leverage is something that enables us to become more powerful than we normally are. Similar to a winch on a truck, or the levers you learned about in high school physics class, leverage is a principle you can apply to create more force than you’d normally be able to if left to your own devices.
What Is Vision Casting?Vision casting is a method of taking your dream, ideas, passion, or mission and vision to a whole new level. It’s one of the compelling and inspiring ways of looking into your future and turning it into a reality. Here are the basic steps on how to do vision casting:
- Paint a picture of what the future will look like. Don’t just settle for the big picture — be specific on what you really want.
- Think about the different aspects or core values of your life you want to see changes in. These can include your financial or physical health, or it can be about leadership development.
- Write them down as if you’re making a diary. Read and print it for later.
- From your story, create a vision board.
What is a vision board? Also known as a dream board, it’s a physical or electronic board that contains images that represent your goals.Vision casting is one of the most powerful ways to make any dream come true for one reason: it powers your subconscious mind. Unlike the conscious mind, which works on logic and reason, the subconscious mind operates on autopilot. The action that stems from this part of your mind is automatic. Even better, you can use vision casting to make the most of your leverage points.
Small Hinges, Big DoorsA little effort can go a long way when you have leverage. Now, the reason I’m talking about this today is because, once we’ve created a vision for our future selves, it’s easy to become discouraged. It’s natural that we look at where we want to go, and we start comparing it to where we are right now. We see how far we have to go, and start to imagine all the things in our way. Very quickly, we start to think that our path is blocked by a big, giant immovable door. And subconsciously, we look at the door, and we say to ourselves, “There’s no way I can open that door. I’m not strong enough.” There’s a saying I love to use when this comes up, which is “Small hinges swing big doors.” I love this saying because of its simplicity. The biggest, heaviest, and most immovable doors all swing on small hinges. These are the “leverage points” that allow you to open the door with only a small amount of force.
What Are Your Leverage Points?That’s why, once you’ve created your vision for the future, your next step is to identify your leverage points. These are the “small hinges,” which are going to let you open your big door. What are your leverage points? Think of the things that are holding you back in your life. The things which, if you are able to accomplish them, the results would trickle down into every other area of your life and give you a new sense of strength to move forward. For instance, let’s say that you, like me and many other entrepreneurs, lack confidence in certain areas of your life. I know from experience that when you lack confidence it can be a real drag. It’s like a chain hanging around your neck weighing you down and killing your chances of success. But once you gain confidence in what you’re doing, you’ll be able to execute whatever task is in front of you quickly and easily. THAT is a small hinge for your life. If you fix your confidence, the effects bolster your overall chances of success.
Working on Your Leverage Points with Vision CastingAfter you’ve identified what your leverage point is, the next step is to focus your efforts on working with that lever. Just like your physics teacher taught you, any effort you exert on a lever is multiplied many times over. Let’s continue with examples of improving your confidence. Say you decide to work on your confidence in the world of bookkeeping and business. You might decide to:
- Start reading the top five best-selling books on the topic.
- Go to conferences and immerse yourself in the community. From there, you can build a network.
- Take an online course.
- Repeat a daily affirmation while you’re meditating that YOU are someone who CAN succeed in the world of business if you apply yourself.
The Power of Multiple LeversOnce you’ve worked on that one leverage point, repeat the process by finding the next most powerful leverage point in your life and working on that. I can’t tell you exactly what the levers are in your life, but perhaps one is improving your health. Health is always a big lever. If you don’t have your health, the other areas of your life really don’t matter. We have to have our health. We have to make sure we’re physically able to do everything we want to do, to serve the people who we want to serve and to be there for our family and our friends. Maybe your next lever is expanding your business network or learning about marketing. Whatever it is, when you start to focus on your levers, it gives you the ability to become more powerful than you ever thought possible. Right now, I want you to take five minutes and write down what your levers are.
Using Your Leverage Points and Vision Casting to Build Your Bookkeeping BusinessBookkeeper Business Launch can help you in making your dream of achieving personal and financial freedom come true. It will equip you with the knowledge and resources you’ll need to grow your enterprise. Being an entrepreneur also involves becoming a good leader, so improving your leadership skills should also be one of your goals when building a bookkeeping business. If you want to become a good leader, you can harness your leverage points and do vision casting to help you achieve just that. Here’s how you can do it:
- Make an inventory of your leverage points or your challenges in taking on a leadership role.
- Determine what makes a good leader or define what effective leadership is. This can range from having an inspiring vision for the team or the ability to mentor.
- Identify the steps that’ll help you meet these core values and traits. It may include attending leadership seminars or hiring mentors.
- Similar to creating your compelling vision statement through vision casting, write everything down.
- With the list, you can communicate your vision by casting it into the future.
- On a piece of paper or on your computer, create a diary and date it a few months or a year from now.
- Write as if everything has already happened. You’ve already achieved your dream of becoming the best leader you can be.
- Read it aloud, then print it. Use it to make your vision board.